Saturday, July 18, 2009

Spotlight: "How I paint - Secrets of a Sunday Painter" by Thomas Buechner


Don't be misled by the words "sunday painter" in the title. Thomas Buechner is no ocassional painter - he's an established portrait, landscape and still life painter, he's in his 70s, he paints everyday, and his book is quite inspiring. I'll leave you to visit his website http://www.tombuechner.com/ to find out more about him, but I'll share with you some paintings of his and tell you what I found the most meaningful from his book.

I just started another blog which will hold most of my thoughts about painting and art. So do drop by at "What I think about when I think about" and let's talk :)

2 comments:

mindflyer 小飞人 said...

This book is available in the national Library. Its pretty good. Good choice San!

This is not the usual fuddy duddy art book.

Fei said...

AWESOME NEW BLOG!!! love the title! keep the juice coming! im a fan of murakami too! =D